Thursday, June 12, 2008

Man's Memory

Memory is a very tricky thing, at least for me it is. Looking back, over a year's span of activity my memory seems to pick and choose what it remembers. It amazes me not so much what a person remembers but what a person forgets.

Often you come across some old-timer moaning about how much he misses the good old days. I'm not sure if he is thinking of pre-independence or the great famine. I'm positive that during the pre-independence age some wonderful memories were created, but I'm not sure anyone wants to return to those thrilling days of yesterday.

The bad was not as bad as we remember and the good was not as good as we boast and yes world is not going to dogs…

Some things are best forgotten and some things should never be forgotten; my trouble has always been remembering which is which. (Personally, I don't know the difference between "which" and "that.")

I remember forgetables as intricate as what that person was wearing when I first saw her 3 years back but I fail to remember what she was wearing yesterday. I remember what a stork I looked when I was a kid but I don’t remember what the mirror told me yesterday. I remember Gandhi’s birthday but I don’t remember when my dad was born, but that’s fine I don’t remember birthdays of most of the people alive on the face of earth.

Weird things are like I remember someone went to Germany on companies project for 2 month last Wednesday but I don’t remember who went from which company. I am all dressed and ready to attend a marriage and I don’t remember I know the bride or the groom. I remember to go shopping but I forget what I came to buy. I am eating but I don’t remember being hungry.

I am super bad with dates and numbers, I write down things lest I forget and then forget where I wrote.

I know this girl I am trying to remember what kind of relation I have with her…

No comments: