Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Being Worst Enemy of oneself

I usually don’t speak for everyone, but in this case I will. The phrase that proclaims ‘you are our own worst enemy’ is in fact a solid truth in life for just about everyone. Not many revelations in life could be much clearer or to the point than this one. The reason I suggest that we are the ones sabotaging our own lives is that we tend to make a repetitive mistake every day; We listen to ourselves. It’s only natural to think, but unfortunately our thoughts are often negative, self conscious, egocentric, and irrational emotions that drop us into the very pitfalls we spend most our lives climbing out of and complaining about.

You might have already started disagreeing with me, little Johnny within us always goes the other way. Fine let me talk about myself… I not only complain too often about the problems caused by results I myself initiated, but I often trick myself into blaming outside sources for these problems when in reality the fault ultimately lies within. It’s for this very reason that we shouldn’t buy into our own misguided thoughts all day long without putting the source (us) in perspective. Maybe one day I will make truce with the devil and realize that none of us are perfect and that is just the way it will always be (especially myself).

I hear many speakers say the phrase “listen to your heart… always”. Well I think that listening to your heart is often damning and that “always” word clinging at the end is nothing but gateway to hell. What if my heart is laden with inferiority, full of anxiety, confusion, anger, Jealousy, or even hatred? This is not exactly a valuable list of sound advice to follow in my opinion. That’s why I’m admitting that since my birth and for the remainder of my life, the reason for most of my shortcomings, frustrations, stresses, setbacks, and annoyances are not caused by outside sources trying to tear me down. Nor the responsibility of a giant conspiracy from outside sources out to get me, but rather caused by my real worst enemy……ME!

The basic life sequence comes down to the choices that we make. Life is not fair and it’s no secret, and many people have trials that are astronomically larger than ours. It’s not until you begin taking some level of responsibility that you can wipe out the enemy that lies within.

I often wonder why the hell I end up writing such bullshit which doesn’t have anything to do with the actual thoughts circling my mind… it doesn’t give any picture to anyone what’s happening within the confinement of my decaying brain cell. I guess before one makes truce with the devil he got to make truce with himself. Off late I realized I love my wife much more than I thought I loved her before marriage. Her daily struggle to be accepted is such a pain to bear … oh that’s another story will cover it later.

No comments: