Saturday, November 7, 2009

Again that Writers Block

Have you ever just sat down with pen and paper in hand (although these days its with a laptop) and have totally no idea what to write about? Well, that seems to be happening to me today. I can think of absolutely nothing to say. I got married to a Croatian warrior precisely a week back, got Indian Muslim marriage defined and redefined in these 6 days…came to know of cultures and tradition which no one was aware of apart from the one who popped it. Saw the widest range of Muslim Hijabs and missed both marriage and reception dinner… but still if you ask me… I have nothing to write. Much on the lines of Ghalib it feels like so much has happened that nothing remains relevant.

Some days I have no problem at all. I'll be scratching my week old beard or traveling and all of a sudden I get this great idea for an article; I can sit down and bang that puppy out in just a few minutes…I love those times. Then there are days like today, I sit in front of the computer screen and stare at that annoying, blinking cursor. It just sits there and blinks at me. It's like its taunting me, laughing at me because I have nothing to say. The pressure is unbearable. Blink, Blink,Blink…comeon you brain-dead…Blink Blink Blink

I suppose I could change it to one of those smiley faces or a dinosaur, but then I would have a smiley face or dinosaur blinking at me.

I guess I could probably not stare at the screen; I can watch TV or maybe go to sleep. But how is that going to help me write an article? Blink, Blink. Stupid cursor. This really isn't helping me. I'm so obsessed with this cursor, I can't let my muse come to me and do its muse thing. Knowing my luck, she's staring at the cursor too. Well, if my muse won't come maybe I should start digging my nose or something. No, it will never get that bad. When is there ever a good excuse to dig your nose? Have you ever been so bored that you decide, "Hey, I'm bored, I think I'll just start digging my nose for time being." I don't know about you, but I've never done that. I can see pulling my chair bit back and start digging my nose filled mixture of city pollution but if that Croatian warrior see me doing that probably I will be divorced before I could actually realize I was married. Now digging a nose to get an easy divorce might be a good reason but digging it because you don’t have any ideas to write is not at all a good reason.

So, I'm back to square one, although now my fishes are looking at my direction and blinking at me…!!!God this is spooky… how many times have your fishes looking at you leave alone blinking underwater? I'll tell you...Never. You can't get a fish to blink. Actually, you can't get a fish to do anything. Well, you can get it to shit every five minutes without asking much, but how hard is that. Now, all of a sudden the stupid thing gets it into its head to blink at me. This is getting out of control. First the cursor, now the fish, what's next? Now, the light on the phone is blinking. OK, that's it, I'm done. I guess I just won't write anything today.

I will put a marriage pic of mine… but my warrior is still arranging it in some order and till the whole 700 pictures are arranged I won’t be getting anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

r u having those blocks ? coz it happens to me often lately