Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Death of Thought Process

The daily practice of keeping an appointment with the mundane can lead to death of thought…

Lot of people get philosophical with me and say “Life does not come with a warning label”… but then again lot of people say lot of bullshit lot of time and that’s a lot alrite… I guess we all do what we want and mostly what we have to do to survive. It seems that between family, TV shows and office life can lead to mundane and ho-hum activity which leaves not much time for thinking outside the box of the status-quo. Obviously since I realize this as a fact in my life I would be on the other side of a non thinker. And it does appear that there are "sides", the thinkers and the one's that simply make a decision that is already laid out for them.
I know someone who would go about the house mindlessly picking up things… my things to be precise… and put it in a place where I am never going to find it again… atleast by myself… to double check on my observation I carefully kept my pajama, wet towel on the bed and underwear behind the door and before I can check on the activity of my specimen POOFFF it was gone!!! She mindlessly picked it and threw it in unknown region of our room.

Now I try to be understanding with this unique human being but I really don’t understand a person that could let habit and instinct take over rational thought. Surely she must think before she acts, the bed was empty waiting for my pajama and wet towel... so was the hook behind our bedroom door…why was it misplaced? No thought went into it all, just pick it up, place it where the owner cant find it. This was a point of frustration to me to say the least as it forced double duty on both of us. Case in point of mindless activity leading to thought death.

What is interesting to me is that some people who seemingly have rampant running ideas can seem to spin their wheels and go nowhere because the brain won't allow each idea to be completely thought through before moving on to something else. I call these people "females" … it can be deceiving because it appears they are thinking… While this may be true the end result is as if a thought never happened… which can be just as bad.

It's ultimately difficult for a thinker to understand females because there is no thought and god help the process… especially for great thinkers of our time its unbearable at times (talk about rainbow of agony in a relation). It can be said that the mindless among us are essentially just making choices, so the brain is functioning but does making a choice constitute having a thought? If we look at some of the defining words of what thought is it would include such things as consideration or reflection, contemplation, attention or purpose. If I relate these things back to the misplaced cloth scenario I would then ask if she contemplated and reflected or paid attention as to why my bed and bedroom door was deprived of their regular visitor and me made a handicap. The answer is… NO thought process went into her decision to making it a mindless action.

There will always be great thinkers in this world and I truly don't know if left un-exercised and un-challenged that thought will eventually die within a person. But what I can determine with some feasibility is that the mindless don't know that they are and therefore will likely won't be cured or become a great thinker. In those folks, thought is likely dead, they have a brain but it is used in a different way or put in for a more sinister use. Next time will talk about Logical reasoning of female kind…

2 comments:

Suruchi said...

*call these people "females" … it can be deceiving because it appears they are thinking…*lolzzzz
we'll wait for the prophetic "next time" of the last line...

Anonymous said...

When u put wet towel on bed u do it without thinking,u put it coz it is the nearest place in the room so u don't need to go to bathroom or put to dry. So u r the one who is not thinking,coz if u do that u would know that wet towel will make bed wet,if bed is wet it means it will not dry till bed time so I will need to change bed cover,not u coz u r at work. Why do u hang cloths on the door,not just coz u find that cloths easily because it is on visible place,it is coz u feel lazy to open wardrobe and put it inside coz u need to put into order and u feel even lazy to take it when u want to wear,so it is easier to take it from hanger.But what u don't do is thinking. U don't think if u put your cloths all the time there,and every day u put more and more cloths,which u do, when u open the door,that cloths will just fall down on the floor which already happened, and that floor is not that clean,so I need to wash clean cloths again and again,which also happened,but how would u know it,when u DON'T THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!And by the way who can be so stupid to not know where is towel or cloths,there r only 2 places where those things can be,warderobe and bathroom,i think "male" in this situation is without brain,u stupido ;-)